The wait is over! Dynamics GP 2018 was made available on December 1st, 2017. This latest version continues to build upon Dynamics GP’s solid core module functionality by introducing advancements around some of its popular newer features.
Here are 5 new Dynamics GP 2018 features that Rimrock is excited about:
1. Document Attach has been expanded, as there are new windows where files can be added, additional ways to view and modify attachments, and new drill back functionality.
2. Workflow functionality has expanded significantly with reminder emails, and new workflows around GL Accounts, Purchasing (Receiving, Invoice Match) and Payables.
3. SmartList Favorite Password Protection provides more control over the data that users can view.
4. The GP Web Client continues to improve with Autocomplete. Users can access AutoComplete in the web client, just as they would in the desktop client. For example, users can just start typing into a field like “Customer ID,” and Microsoft will do the rest. The GP Web Client also offers a better user experience for SmartList and Bank Reconciliation.
5. The Microsoft Dynamics GP PowerBI Content Pack will allow for powerful insights into Dynamics GP data.
In addition to these there are many more exciting and helpful new features that will enhance your Dynamics GP experience. Implementing or upgrading is also a great opportunity to migrate up to Azure, Microsoft’s Cloud offering. We encourage you to contact us so we can help you take advantage of this significant release.